Quotes by Dominic!
• "Life has a way of kicking you in the ass... or smearing chocolate on your bum."
• "I don't believe in underwear. It crushes your artistic integrity."
• "I bring sunshine into people's hearts just through my talking and my mind work."
• "Billy talk to me or I am cancelling the internet." [Billy] "Who's on Elijah, and how do you have the power to cancel
the internet?" [Dom] "Dom and cos I am god."
• "I was thinking about this a few days ago. I was having a shave and I was thinking about the boys. I'm kind of a believer
in reincarnation and that stuff, and I feel I cannot have made these friendships by chance. I feel we've met each other before
and it was our destiny to come together, like it's destiny of the characters to come together."
• "Everyone had a nickname and I didn't and I always used to joke with the boys saying "I want one, I want one!!" Orli
has a idiosyncratic way of talking and from about half way into the movie he called me sblomie... pronounced... Sblom-e as
in Domie but take away the do and add sblo... clear?"
• "There's something very interesting with his [Billy] hair. When he's in a good mood, he spikes it all up so he looks
like a complete lunatic."
• "Viggo left a long message on my machine. He leaves these kind of stream-of-consciousness messages on your machine,
like, 'Yeah, this is Viggo, I'm eating chicken, I'm wearing blue trousers, the sun is shining...' I always save the messages."
• "This Legolas guy - I hope he gets killed by an arrow in the next movie. Vroom... right through this eye!"
• "Racism, sexism, homophobia, ignorance. I am irritated by all these things a lot. Also, having no beer in the fridge
and losing a girls number that you really liked."
• "We [Dom and Billy] spend so much time together. We enjoy each other's company. We're constantly walking up and down
the red carpet with an arm around each other and chatting and all that kind of stuff. So the rumors are rife! There was a
rumor about Elijah and me that Ian McKellen told us about - we were having an affair in LA! But you know I'm not going to
confirm or deny. We do fit like a jigsaw. Still now, three or four years down the line, we'll manage to make each other crack
up in tears of laughter... and fascinate each other, which is the perfect relationship. Maybe we will get married in a couple
of years! If he was a girl, I'd marry him today! I've been suggesting to Billy a sex change, but he really feels quite manly
about things." [Billy] "I love women!" [Dom] "Yes, he's really passionate about women, as I am."
• "For me, being surrounded by beautiful women and sleeping on a huge pile of cash." [best part of filming LOTR]
• "Growing up, I liked Jerry of Tom and Jerry. He was the little guy who was more clever than the big guy even though
he wasn't as strong. I identified with that going through school. I also like Mighty Mouse. I like the little guys who come
through in the end."
• "He's got quite enchanting eyes. You know how it is with the eclipse? If you keep looking at it for a certain amount
of time, you can't stop - you have to keep looking at it. That's like Billy's eyes - if you look at them for more than 20
or 30 seconds, then you're hooked."
• "I'm Orlando Bloom, but I've had a bit of a facial readjustment."
• "I used to want it more than anything when I started out, but the more I've worked, the less I want to be recognized.
But I've always been a bit cocky and attention seeking, so deep down, I suppose I love the attention."
• "If my house caught fire I would save myself and anyone in there and I would try and save all the diaries and letters
that I have collected as everything else is replaceable. And I would sit on the lawn watching my house burn cherry red and
record it in my diary."
• "It's not just my tongue that's bad. My spleen once stole 100 dollars from a 7/11.”
• "Went to the beach for the day and wrote as much as I could about this incredible experience and where my life seemed
to be taking me, etc. I fell asleep, and when I woke up the papers were blowing down the beach and into the water. I sat up
and watched until I couldn't see one piece of paper left. I drove home and felt happy."
• "I could not believe the amount of people that turned up [at Collectormania 4]. Most were ... um ... yeah ... girls.
Most went bright red, that was great. I love girls. There was this one girl whose voice got higher and higher and higher [imitates
her] as she was speaking to me. I tried to calm her down but I think I was making it worse."
• "It's like being on a desert island with a group of people. Whichever way you look at it, you've all been through
the same experience, so you're always going to be linked. I mean, it's weird, I guess after we hang out with each other at
the end of the year, we won't even really necessarily need to hang around with each other. When you've been through something
so life-changing, so huge, with only a small select group of people, you'll constantly be around those people because you'll
go back and revisit it."
• "I'm available for Bar Mitzvahs, weddings, and female parties."
• "I've always been outgoing and was always trying to be the center of attention as a little boy... loud and cheeky
and naughty. I was moving around so much that I had to make friends quite quickly as a kid. Every 3 years we would move to
a new city , and I would have to be constantly impressing myself onto people immediately, because I knew I only had 3 years
to be friends with them before I took off."
• "I'd love to play a gangster but I think people might say I looked a bit too young and cheeky to play a character
who'd just blown someone's head off!"
• "I won't miss having to stand for two hours at 4:30 a.m. and having freezing cold glue applied to my feet. I won't
miss two-hour drives to work or long, long, long, days sitting in my trailer waiting... waiting... waiting. I won't miss glue
in my ears. But I would do it all again tomorrow."
• "That's just the kind of thing Pippin would say. That's my Billy. He's so charming - it's like he can do no wrong."
• "I just talk instead; that's my thing. My talent is for making people laugh. That's why so many of my friends are
girls. I really enjoy their company. Actually, it's a bit disconcerting. The other day I did a test at the back of a book
called Why Men Don't Listen and Women Can't Read Maps. I came out as being the most feminine man ever. Outrageous!"
• "Went home and tried to make a cake, but the oven broke so I ate raw cake mix, watched TV, felt sick, and went to
• "I was about 15. My dad gave it [Lord of the Rings] to me and gave me a year to read it, and I did in three months.
He was quite impressed."
• "He's [Merry] the sharpest thinker of the hobbits, he reads situations very well and is quite intuitive. He is destined
for good things."
• "I am officially a yannkee doodle. I am saying dude 3 times as much as usual and swinigng round big bats slapping
guys on the arse and saying "good job" a lot.
• "I think out of all of the hobbits, Merry is probably the most vain. He actually cares about his clothes. He's probably
the guy who would be the most fucked if he fell down and got his jacket dirty or got a hole in his trousers."
• "I kinda feel a little bit neglected you know. I've been here for a year. I don't get any calls for me. I don't get
any of this young hot Hollywood, you know, stuff. I mean look at me, I mean come on! Are you kidding? This kid's on fire!"
• "Orlando and I are the same age and both enjoy adventure sports like snowboarding, surfing and kayaking - basically
anything that gets the blood flowing! And like all young guys, we like to go to the pub, play pool and chase girls around
• "We [Dom and Orlando on chasing women in New Zealand] certainly put the hours in and there were a few results, but
nothing too crazy. We had the opportunity of a lifetime, so we'd be fools not to enjoy the, er, local attractions."
• "Hobbits are very positive people, and that's how we behaved on set. We tried to bring people up and make them feel
good, because that's what hobbits are like. It was an incredible experience. It just changed all of us. It was like being
in The Beatles, you know."
• "They're boxer shorts. Make sure you get that right. I don't want anyone thinking I wear anything else."
• "We enjoy drinking pretty much the same amount, which is nice. If you're going to spend a year and a half with someone,
it's good if you drink on the same level! Billy and I can keep up with each other, which is essential."
• "Yeah! There's a big fountain in the center of Wellington and one night Elijah and I were out and were so full of
beer that we climbed on top of it to have some photos taken by Liv Tyler. We ended up 'marking our territory'! It was about
four in the morning and needless to say we got bollocked for it the next day by Peter Jackson for doing it. But hey, you live
and you learn."
• "Bill wrote a poem on the night of the premiere.. it was called 'my dignity is in Dom's gob'."
• "The term "good versus evil" is a confusing thing for me because I don't know if the lines can be drawn that easily.
They're kind of blurred. I'm sure there are different countries around the world that have considered both Billy and myself's
country evil. It's just an upsetting kind of world to live in. I've never really experienced this kind of conflict before.
I've always lived in a peaceful kind of time. It is confusing and it is upsetting. But I don't really know if the term "good
versus evil" is appropriate. It's just two different cultures clashing together... Trying to get everybody to just calm down
would be a great way forward."
• "I think that Merry is well known in the Shire: he's charming and cheeky, and I imagine that all the hobbit mothers
probably pretend to be annoyed by him but really like him!"
• "You should definitely put that in the article that I'm single and I like women!"
• "Being immersed in such a stunning location [New Zealand], you couldn't not be swept away by the romance of it all.
On our days off we would hang about on set and soak up the atmosphere. Nobody kept themselves to themselves."
• "It'll be funnier than a penguin playing a banjo."
• [Billy] "Do you ever get confused when in one city and you think you're in another city?" [Dom] "While on a junket
in Paris last year, I woke up one morning and had no idea where I was. I had to look up the hotel directory to figure it out."
[Billy] "Who was in bed with you?" [Dom] "Your girl."
• "My mum always says 'Even if you're not doing something wrong, you look like the guy who is."
• "Some people think I'm called Mary..." [Billy] "Yes but do you have a little lamb?"
• "I like to have a tidy kitchen but I am not too bothered about my room or living room etc. My theory is that when
it's untidy I feel comfortable, like it feels lived in, and it's only gonna get untidy if you tidy it so wait, wait, wait..."
• "I could be playing with myself... at night."
• "I think it's the cheesiest thing in the world to be saying 'Oh, I'm an actor' and for people to go 'Oh, yeah?' and
for you to say 'Yes, you may have seen me in such films as blah, blah blah,'" he explains. "I help them along the way, but
at no point do I say, 'Oh, I'm in 'Lord of the Rings'' because that's like saying 'Oh, I'm a Los Angeles Laker."
• "There's been an assumption from a lot of casting directors that I'm a very sweet, cute, cuddly, non-threatening,
non-offensive type of person. I think generally I am and I do have that inside me ... but there are other things about me
that I want to show people."
• "Insecurities and scars and all that kind of thing are what makes the girl, right? Or the boy..."
• "Alright, Stop! Collaberate and listen - now this is his first single. How can he be back witha brand new mission?
And you think 'well this guys a lier', and then you don't believe a word he says from then on."
• "I enjoy being approached by women I have to admit. I've very much embraced that and taken the bull by its horns."
[Billy] "I've seen you do that." [Dom] "There was a bull, remember that night?" [Billy] "What a night that was!"
• "Mmm. Bosom." [Billy] "Did I say bosom?" [Dom] "Yeah."
• "How do you improve on perfection? It's like putting a cherry on top."
• "I'm a fan of bugs. I'm a fan of wild animals in general and had snakes and lizards when I was a kid and would go
out and catch insects and bugs and become more interested in the insects and bugs. I do sound like a geek, don't I?"
• "I get tattoos whenever I'm at a transition in my life."
• "For lack of a better word, Charlie is lost, and I can understand that almost too well. The (woes) you carry around
with you as an actor always helps you flesh out a character."
• "It's easy for me to do this role because I'm immersed in music. Music is part of who I am."
LOTR DVD Commentary
• "Any inaccuracies were probably due to copious amounts of alcohol."
• "There was talk very early on in kind of, as a joke, of Elvish women weeping because Merry and Pippin were leaving,
because we've been kind of their sugar daddies for the last few weeks we've been hanging around." [Billy] "And we liked the
idea that some of them might be pregnant and stuff." [Dom] "Yeah, holding onto their tummies going "don't go, don't go." It's
okay, we'll try and be back in nine months time." [Billy] "For some reason Pete never went for that."
• "This is the point in the film where all the men kind of go, "Oh wait, hang on, hang on, sit up straight, concentrate."
• "They did have to mess around with your eyes a little bit though, cause you are quite cross-eyed in real life aren't
• "They're [Ringwraiths] probably saying to each other, "Oh, the Hobbits are just pillows. They're just pillows... How
can he [Frodo] carry a Ring if he's just made of feathers?”
• "I don't know what's happening in the moment here, but I look really handsome."
• "Great faces in this part. Once again, I don't know what's happening, but Billy and I look really handsome. Some strange
cinematography going on there."
• "First day of filming. Yeah, Elijah let out a little tommy squeaker."
• "Now hang on. This is the entrance to end all entrances. Oh my god... If that is not two movie stars."
• "I would just like to say that it's an original Dominic Monaghan game,
available online at my website, and you can use different cups, but if you want you can log onto my website and get an official
• "When I was seven I used to eat ants."
• "I like eggs in the morning and bacon at night. Is that bad?"
• "I acquired a very, very painful splinter when we did the Buckleberry Ferry thing... I was nearly hospitalized." [Billy]
"He was in tears, he was sweating, he almost fainted. And it was about the size of a…" [Dom] "A house." [Billy] "It
was like half the size of a matchstick." [Dom] "Yeah, but I think it was made of platinum or something."